Tomato and Egg Drop Soup is a very simple and easy-to-make soup. It is also nutritious and delicious. The key to making a consistent and smooth egg drop soup is the proper heat. You need to turn the boiling soup down to low heat before pouring in the egg, and also make sure you pour the egg in one direction while stirring. I think this is a soup that kids will like too.
1 beaten egg
1 medium tomato, diced
1 green onion, chopped
2 cups water (or chicken stock)
1/4 teaspoon sugar
White pepper powder
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Heat up a pan to medium heat, sauté tomato for about 2 minutes. Add sugar and a pinch of salt.
2. Add water in, turn the heat to high to bring to boil.
3. When soup boils, turn down the heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes. Add some salt to taste.
4. Turn the heat down to low, and pour egg in one direction while stirring.
5. Bring the soup to boil again, and add green onions and white pepper powder to taste. Serve.
Suggested servings: 2