Stir Fried String Beans (green beans) is a very easy and delicious vegetable stir-fry. String beans are not easy to be cooked through when stir fried. You may have noticed that this dish in some Chinese restaurants is often deep fried. By boiling string beans first (or you can steam too), this dish is made healthier while it tastes delicious with chili peppers, garlic and ginger. If you like it more spicy, you may add more chili peppers and also break them up to add heat.
Stir Fried String Beans
1/2 pound string beans, with both ends cut off
2 dried chili peppers
2 gloves garlic, sliced thinly
4 small pieces of ginger
2 tablespoons canola oil
Salt to taste
1. Boil string beans for about 6 minutes or till they are about 80% done.
2. Drain and pat try the string beans with paper towels.
3. Heat up the pan to medium heat and then add oil.
4. Sautee chili pepper, garlic and ginger about 20 seconds.
5. Add string beans in and stir fry about 2 minutes.
6. Add salt to taste. Serve.