Steamed Corn Buns and Corn Pancakes
My family always makes corn buns, and they are great for breakfast or a snack. It’s easy to make and very healthy too. With the mixture, you can also make pancakes in addition to the steamed buns. Enjoy!
4 ears of corn
1 cup corn flour
1 tbsp sugar (optional)
1. Remove corn kernels from the cobs, and save the husks;
2. Process the corn kernels in a processor or blender until smooth;
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the processed corn with corn flour, and add sugar;
4. Trim both ends of the husks, and wrap buns with them;
5. When the water boils, place the buns in the steamer, and steam about 25 minutes. Serve!
To make pancakes:
Add 1 tsp oil to a flat pan to medium heat, place pancakes in, and pan fry about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip it every minute.
Tips: you may double or triple the amount of the ingredients to make a bigger batch. Store them in Ziploc bags, good for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator and then into freezer for busy days.