Hope you enjoy this simple appetizer, which also can be breakfast or a snack. I want to thank all my subscribers and viewers for all your support and encouragement. You are the reason I make the videos. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Chinese Sweet Potato Pancakes
1 sweet potato, about 1 pound
1 cup glutinous rice flour (sticky rice flour) or All Purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1. Peel the sweet potato and cut into half inch thick slices.
2. Steam the sweet potato slices on a plate for 15 minutes on high heat.
3. Transfer the sweet potatoes into a mixing bowl and mash.
4. Add sugar and mix.
5. Add flour and kneed till the dough is smooth.
6. To make pancakes, flour your hands, take a piece of the dough, and roll into a ball. Then press it between your palms.
7. In a flat pan, turn the heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon oil, and place pancakes in the pan, coating both sides with oil.
8. Pan fry 2 minutes each side. Serve.
Suggested servings: 3 to 4