This is a very healthy Vegetable and Tofu Soup and it’s easy to make. Enoki mushroom, also known as golden needle mushroom, contains antioxidants and protein and has a crispy texture. This soup is rich in protein and vitamins.
3 oz enoki mushroom, cut root ends off
2 cups napa cabbage leaves, cut into bite pieces
8 oz soft or medium firm tofu, cut into cubs
2 green onions, chopped thinly
4 cups water or vegetable stock
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
White pepper powder
1. Heat up a pan to medium heat and add oil. Sauté the white part of green onion for 10 seconds to flavor the oil.
2. Add water, turn the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
3. Add tofu and cabbage and gently stir. Add a pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add enoki mushroom, and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Drizzle with sesame oil, and top with green onions. Serve.
Suggested serving: 4