This is very simple and light stir-fry. It has the sweetness of cabbage and carrots and the crunchiness of vermicelli. Enjoy it!
Stir Fried Vermicelli with Vegetables
1 pack vermicelli (Cellophane noodles), 2 oz
2 cups of cabbage, cut into strips
1 carrot, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 green onions, chopped thinly
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
Light soy sauce
1. Soak vermicelli in warm water about 20 minutes. Drain it before cooking.
2. Heat up a pan to high heat. Add oil, and stir fry carrots and cabbage fo about 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Add garlic, ginger, and vermicelli. Mix together.
4. Add 1/2 cup warm water and bring to boil.
5. Cook about 2 minutes or till the liquid dries out. Add soy sauce to taste.
6. Add green onions. Serve.
Suggested servings: 2