Steaming is a very healthy cooking technique. Steamed fish is easy to make. Marinate fish with salt, Chinese cooking wine and ginger, and then steam for about 10 minutes for a fish about 1 pound.
1 sea bass (or stripe bass, tilapia, flounder), about 1 pound
4 stems of scallion cut into 2 inch pieces and some thinner slices
4 slices of ginger cut into strips
Some cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon Chinese cooking wine
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons Seasoned Soy Sauce for Seafood (or light soy sauce)
1. Clean and scale the fish, and dry the fish inside out with paper towels. Make 3 cuts on each side of the fish.
2. Put scallion pieces on a plate and place the fish on top. Add salt, cooking wine and half of the ginger to marinate for about 10 minutes.
3. Boil water in a wok with a rack (or use steamer). Place the plate on the rack and cover. Steam about 10 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and leave it covered for about 3 minutes. Take out the fish and get rid of all the liquid on the plate.
5. Heat up oil to high for about 1 minute. Remove the ginger from the fish, add the rest of the ginger, scallion, and cilantro on top.
Pour the hot oil on top of the fish. Add soy sauce to serve.