Hope you enjoy this simple and warming soup. Adjust the spiciness to your like.
1 box silken tofu
1 quarter of a medium onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
A few shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 teaspoons baby clams in liquid (canned)
1 cup chicken stock
1 and 1/2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1. In a sauce pan, sauté onions for about 4 to 5 minutes till they are soft. Add a pinch of salt.
2. Add garlic, top part of green onions and chili powder. Stir together.
3. Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
4. Add clams, shrimp and tofu. Roughly break into chunks.
5. Cook about 3 minutes, and add the remaining green onions. Serve with rice.
Substitute chicken stock with vegetable stock, and replace shrimp and clams with zucchini or Oyster mushrooms.
Suggested servings: 3 to 4