Enjoy this simple but delicious appetizer: Soy Sauce Chicken Wings, just in time for the football season in US.
Soy Sauce Chicken Wings
1 and 1/2 pounds chicken wings
4 slices ginger
1 tablespoon Canola or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Poke some holes on both sides of chicken wings with a sharp knife.
2. Mix the chicken wings with the marinate in a container or zip bag. Place in fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat up a pan to medium heat, and add oil. Sauté ginger about 10 seconds.
4. Add wings in and brown about 3 minutes it till they are golden brown.
5. Add the marinate, 1 and 1/2 cups warm water (or chicken stock). Bring it to boil, and add green onions. Turn the heat to medium low, cover the pan and cook about 25 minutes
6. Open the lid, and turn the heat to high. Cook about 5 minutes or till liquid evaporated and wings are caramelized. Serve.
Suggested servings: 3