Hope you enjoy this delicious noodle dish from my hometown Sichuan. For vegetarians, skip the ground pork and only use preserved vegetable.
Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
6 oz fresh noodles (or dried noodles)
3 oz spinach
4 oz ground pork
2 tablespoons Sichuan preserved vegetable (Ya Cai)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 scallion, chopped
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Mix chili oil, soy sauce, vinegar and Sichuan pepper powder in a bowl.
2. To make the topping, heat oil in a pan to high and sauté pork for 2 to 3 minutes till it’s lightly brown.
3. Turn the heat to medium, and add garlic, white part of scallion and preserved vegetable. Sauté about 1 minute.
4. Set the topping aside.
5. Boil a pot of water, and cook noodles about 2 minutes (6 to 8 minutes for dried noodles). When it’s almost done, add spinach.
6. Place noodles and spinach in the sauce bowl, and mix up. Add 2 tablespoons topping, and garnish with scallion. Serve.