This is very simple recipe, Pumpkin Rice. You can either cook it in a pot or deep sauté pan, alternatively in a rice cooker. Green onions add flavors to the rice. Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving! Many thanks to my subscribers and viewers. Thank you for all your support and encouragement. You are the reason I make cooking videos. Keep cooking! Eat healthy!
1 cup rice, rinsed
2 cups pumpkin, peeled and diced
2 green onions, chopped finely
1 teaspoon canola oil or vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups water
1. In a pot or deep sauté pan, add pumpkin, rice, oil and water. Mix up.
2. Turn the heat on to high and cover the pan. Bring to boil.
3. When it boils, turn the heat down to medium low. Cook about 12 to 15 minutes or till water dries out.
4. Turn the heat down to low. Add green onions in and mix with rice. Simmer about 5 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat. Add salt to taste. Serve.
Suggested servings: 4