Happy New Year everyone! Wish you all a happy and healthy 2012!
Lotus Root is a good source of Vitamin C and fiber. It’s often used in stir-fry or soup. It has such crunchy sweet taste. This Kung Pao Lotus Root is a vegetarian version of very popular Kung Pao Chicken. It’s healthy and tasty.
Kung Pao Lotus Root
1 Lotus Root, about 1 pound
2 chili peppers, broken in half and seeds removed
1/2 teaspoon Sichuan pepper corn
4 slices ginger
6 pieces scallion white part
2 tablespoon chopped scallions, green part
2 tablespoon roasted (or fried) peanuts
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon corn starch, mixed with water
2 tablespoon canola oil
1. Peel lotus root, cut into dices, and soak in water for 10 minutes.
2. Drain lotus root. Heat up oil to medium heat. Add chili peppers and Sichuan pepper corn, and sauté for about 1 minute.
3. Add ginger and scallion pieces and sauté for about 1 minute
4. Add lotus root and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt in and mix well.
5. Add wet starch and mix. Top with peanuts and chopped scallions. Serve.