This is a very refreshing dish with high protein, vitamins and fiber. Wood ear mushroom, also known as black fungus and cloud ear, is a good source of protein, minerals and antioxidants. It’s often used in Asian cuisine and has a crunchy texture after being cooked.
Eggs with Cucumber and Wood Ear Mushroom
2 eggs, beaten
Half a cucumber, sliced thinly
1 cup dried wood ear mushroom
2 green onions, cut into pieces
2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
White pepper powder
1. Soak wood ear mushroom in warm water for about 20 minutes. Rinse in running water and clean. Break by hand into bite size.
2. Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and white pepper powder.
3. Heat up 1 tablespoon oil in a pan to high heat. Scramble the eggs and set it aside.
4. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Sauté the white parts of green onions for about 10 seconds.
5. Add wood ear mushroom and cucumber, and stir fry about 1 minute.
6. Add eggs back into the pan and stir fry about 1 minute.
7. Add green onions and salt to taste. Serve.