Chicken with Mushrooms, also known as Moo Goo Gai Pan, is very healthy and delicious dish. In Cantonese, Moo Goo means mushroom, and Gai Pan means chicken slices. Mushrooms have plenty of vitamins, and are low in saturated fat and sodium. They are also a good source of fiber and protein. Olive oil adds to the flavor and healthy factor, while carrots not only add color to the dish but also vitamins and sweetness. Enjoy!
1 chicken breast, sliced thinly into pieces
1 pound button mushrooms, cut into pieces
2 small carrots, cut into pieces
4 gloves garlic, cut into thin pieces
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
1. Mix chicken with sugar, white pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 1 teaspoon corn starch, and marinate for about 15 minutes. Mix 1 tablespoon corn starch with water for thickening later.
2. Heat up a pan to high heat, and add 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken in, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes till chicken turns lightly brown. Take chicken out and set aside.
3. Add garlic and white parts of scallions in, and sauté about half minute.
4. Add mushrooms in, and sauté about 2 minutes.
5. Add carrots in, and sautéed about another 2 minutes.
6. Add chicken back, and cook about 2 minutes.
7. Add 3 teaspoons wet starch in and mix up. Add salt to taste, and top with remaining scallions. Serve.