Happy New Year, everyone! Hope this simple and healthy soup warms you up. Enjoy! Have a happy Chinese New Year, the year of the horse! Lots of luck! Kuai Guo Nian Luo…
4 oz chicken tenders (or chicken breast)
5 dried shiitake mushrooms
4 cups of spinach
2 green onions, chopped
4 cups of water or chicken stock
White pepper powder
Light soy sauce
Canola or vegetable oil
To prepare, soak mushrooms in warm water about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove stems and cut mushrooms into strips. Cut chicken into strips and season with salt, white pepper powder, corn starch and a drizzle of oil.
1. Sauté the white part of the green onions and mushrooms in a tablespoon of oil over medium heat for about a minute, and add some salt.
2. Add water or stock and turn the heat to high to bring to boil.
3. When it boils, turn the heat to medium low to simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Turn the heat to high, add chicken, and gently stir. Add salt and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add spinach and cook about a minute.
6. Drizzle some sesame oil and add white pepper powder. Top with remaining green onions. Serve.
Suggested servings: 3 to 4